As business owners we’re often looking for that golden idea that’s going to transform our business. And while I so admire the creativity of entrepreneurs, often that golden idea is right within our grasp. But we just don’t see it.
We’re often too close to our business to see what’s right in front of us. Trust me, I’m counting myself in this as well.
So I thought it would be helpful to identify some examples of those golden treasures that are within our reach.
As you review this list, I want you to honestly ask yourself which items are true for you. Then use the comment space below to share which golden ideas you’re going to take action on. And please share any other golden treasures to add to the list.
1. A highly focused niche, namely being crystal clear about who you help and what solution you provide. This is one of the toughest ones because we often can’t see what we’re so great at and have a hard time committing to a niche because of all sorts of fears. Trust me, I’ve been helping entrepreneurs with this for the past 4 years and it’s a big one because when you refine your niche, a world of opportunity opens up for you.
2. A powerful and authentic message. I meet so many entrepreneurs who are absolutely brilliant at what they do, but stumble when asked to explain it so that others understand not only what they do, but what makes them unique. This is one of my favorite things to help my clients do. I just love it because it’s my greatest gift and I’ve seen the transformation that happens when you are clear about how to share your message. With clarity comes confidence and clients.
3. An easy and profitable way to package your services. I see so many talented and experienced coaches who continue to sell their time versus a package of their services that has clear steps and outcomes. As a result, they are constantly chasing after clients and have unreliable income. I can tell you story after story (of myself included) where fixing this one golden opportunity brought in many thousands of dollars in just weeks.
4. A clear way to package your solution and move beyond one-on-one services. Everyone loves the idea of earning leveraged and passive income. The problem is that so many entrepreneurs struggle to package their solution in a clear, logical way that generates ongoing sales. This is a huge, golden opportunity and it isn’t as hard as you think when you understand how to package what you already do with your private clients in a way they want to consume it.
5. A streamlined system to follow up with clients and prospects. We work so hard to get people on our list and get clients. But too often we drop the ball when it comes to building and maintaining relationships with those people. This is a huge golden opportunity when you think about the amount of effort it takes to follow up vs. starting from scratch.
6. A win-win approach to joint venture partnerships. Creating profitable joint venture partnerships is one of the fastest and easiest ways to build your list and your business. Too often we spend time connecting with people (on social media, at events, etc.) but then don’t take the next step of building an ongoing relationship of mutual support.
Now it’s your turn. Which of these golden opportunities can you relate to? Which ones are you ready to address in your own business? What other golden opportunities do we miss in our businesses?
Please share your comments below. Thank you!!