I’ve been thinking a lot about appreciation lately. It’s funny how we stop to appreciate things on certain occasions. We give thanks to our moms on Mother’s Day, we appreciate our lovers on Valentine’s Day, we stop and appreciate things on Thanksgiving.
But don’t you think we should appreciate people and things in our lives on a more consistent basis? You might feel appreciation every day, but it’s important to not just feel it, but show it and communicate it. Right?
So how does that apply to our businesses? How do we show appreciation for the people and things in our business?
Here are 10 ways to show your appreciation for all the people who make your business what it is:
1. Send your clients a gift on their birthday, when they reach a major goal, when they join a high end program, etc..
2. Send a thank you card to everyone who buys one of your programs. Pick up the phone and call people to thank them when they invest in one of your programs or products.
3. Thank your VA, graphic artist, web designer, and the other people who support you in your business. Let them know you appreciate their hard work. Send them referrals!
4. Thank people who send you referrals. You can send them a card, a gift, a shout out on social media, a phone call, a referral fee, etc.
5. Thank people for being a part of your online community. Do it in your newsletters, on your webinars, in your blog posts. Respond to each blog post/social media comment, and email (do it personally if you can).
6. Go above and beyond in delivering value to your clients. Give them surprise bonuses!
7. Thank your coach or mentor and let them know how much you appreciate their help. Give them a great testimonial and shout out on social media.
8. Thank your family and friends who believe in what you’re doing and support you with encouragement and a listening ear.
9. Appreciate yourself for what you accomplish. Don’t beat yourself up if things don’t go exactly as planned. Just learn and improve, and celebrate taking action and the results you did achieve.
10. Appreciate your gifts and own your talents. Communicate those gifts with clarity and confidence, so others who most need you can find you and be inspired to get the help they need.
Do you do all 10 of these things? If not, what are you going to commit to doing? What other ways can you show appreciation? Please leave your comments and ideas below. Thank you!!!